Best Way To Restore Lost Grub or Boot Menu In Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala


I had a really bad experience about 2 years ago when i was new to linux.I reinstalled windows XP.When i reboooted i lost grub.I had no way to boot my sweet ubuntu.I was really disappointed,ubuntu just vanished into thin air.I inserted ubuntu Live cd then procceded till i almost have installed linux i dont know why but i made Boot Flag "True" for Linux partion and tried to installed grub again.When I rebooted to my horror it showed "No Operating System Found".I lost XP also!!!!!!!I was really in a Worser situation.My friends couldnt help me.I didnt had a internet connection then to search for a solution so I had to reinstall Windows and ubuntu linux.What a bad day i had.

But Later When my friend had the same problem,i found an very easy way,to solve the issue in a quick way without even using live cd.
All thanks to Auto Super Grub disk.
I suggest not to use live cd and type atleast 10 commands and end up nowhere.If u do so and change Boot Flag or Some thing U are welcomed to the same horror i had 2 years ago as i said above!!!!!!!1

1) Boot Windows

2)Download Auto Super Grub Disk.exe
I had a really bad experience about 2 years ago when i was new to linux.I reinstalled windows XP.When i reboooted i lost grub.I had no way to boot my sweet linux.I was really dissappointed,Linux just vanished into thin air.I inserted some Live cd then procceded till i almost have installed ubuntu linux i dont know why but i made Boot Flag "True" for ubuntu 9.10 Linux partion and tried to installed grub again.When I rebooted to my horror it showed "No Operating System Found".I lost XP also!!!!!!!I was really in a Worser situation.My friends couldnt help me.I didnt had a internet connection then to search for a solution so I had to reinstall Windows and linux.What a bad day i had.But Later When my friend had the same problem,i found an very easy way,to solve the issue in a quick way without even using live cd.All thanks to Auto Super Grub disk.
I suggest not to use ubuntu live cd and type altleast 10 commands and end up nowhere.If u do so and change Boot Flag or Some thing U are welcomed to the same horror i had 2 years ago as i said above!!!!!!!

1) Boot Windows

2)Download Auto Super Grub Disk.exe
http://forjamari.linex.org/frs/?group_id=61&release_id=629#629

3)Stop Anti-virus program if any.
Because Auto Super Grub Disk will edit windows registry so Anti-virus will find identify it as a virus.
If dont know how to stop Anti-virus then allow Auto Super Grub Disk to edit registry when Anti-virus show you a pop-up.

4)Double click Auto Super Grub Disk1.exe
click ok u need not do any thing ,just click ok.

5)Reboot
Now you Will see the Windows boot menu with another option: unetbootin-supergrubdisk.
Select it using arrow key and enter when it is selected.Just do nothing.
6)Select your Linux and boot
You will have grub menu again.
Select Linux and boot.When you are in Linux reboot.Now u have restored Grub menu.

7)Boot To Windows Now Auto grub disk wizard will ask to remove Super Grub Disk from the windows boot loader,Click yes.
Dont worry you will still have the auto_super_grub_disk_1.0.exe file safe in windows.

8)Njoy Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Install Compiz Fusion Desktop Effects In Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Review

Top Things to do after installing Ubuntu